cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Unlock Sony Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi... I got O2 locked Sony Xperia S in April 2012. I have used O2 sim for 6 months and then changed to Giff Gaff. Now I am moved to India for short time like 2 to 3 months. As the phone is locked, I am not able to use the phone but I need to use the phone. By Apr 23rd, I am going to finish one year with O2, but before that, I want to make the phone unlocked so that I can use my Vodafone number here. Can somebody suggest me how to make it unlocked the phone by O2 now?? Please suggest, as I need the phone urgently. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
A PAYG phone needs to be on the network for 12 months before O2 will unlock it. As it's close to 12 months you may be lucky or you may have to wait until Apr 23rd.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there just fill in this form and O2 will unlock it for you it's free on pay monthly or £15 on pay as you go you will need to have an O2 sim in the phone for the unlock
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%...
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
A PAYG phone needs to be on the network for 12 months before O2 will unlock it. As it's close to 12 months you may be lucky or you may have to wait until Apr 23rd.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have reqeusted O2 for unlocking my phone after 12 months, it was accepted and I was told it takes just 7days, but its 10 weeks almost, but no unlock code. Followed up multiple time, even now also, everytime, I was told that it has been escalated, you will receive the code soon... Dont understand how many days/weeks like this.. God only knows... 

Message 4 of 4