Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Refresh online ?

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had a search and cant see an answer.

My phone anniversary is 9th September on a refresh contract.

Does anyone know how it will work ? Can I do the refresh online or do I have to go into a store ?

If I can do it online, how do I return my old handset to O2 ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @AngryWarlock You can do Refresh online or instore. Have a look here https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

Also a community help guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

If your current device is paid off there is no need to return it to O2...

Hope this helps wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AngryWarlock You can do it online or in store. Once the device plan is paid off then the phone is yours to do with whatever you want. I suggest going in store to upgrade as you will have better luck getting your choice of phone there rather than online 

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @AngryWarlock You can do Refresh online or instore. Have a look here https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

Also a community help guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

If your current device is paid off there is no need to return it to O2...

Hope this helps wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Does this apply to a Refresh contract ? 

O2 will pay off the device (I owe more than its worth, so no point recycling or selling it), but they say they will pay it off on 9th Sep.

Do I have to return the handset to them before i can order another, or csan i return it once the new one arrives ?

Im preparing for the next iphone, and the last thing I want to do is have to deal with my local O2 store after the last 2 years debacle with instore stock allocations on iphone launch day.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AngryWarlock with the next iPhone I expect you will have to pre order & sign a new tariff etc but will be pot luck whether you actually get the device on launch day. Either way you still have to pay on Refresh to upgrade unless you pay the current device off per my guide that @Cleoriff posted above. I don't know about the handing over of the handset but I assume that if they pay it off then they would send you a Jiffy bag to return it 

Message 5 of 8

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems a bit vague. this is what it says on my account page on My O2

Looking to Upgrade?

11days
until you can upgrade on us

Wait until 09 September 2017 to take up this tariff's exclusive offer. We'll pay off the remainder of your contract when you trade in your device, so you can choose a brand new one.

Im expecting them to take the handset back somehow, but Im not sure if they need it before I order, when the new opne is dispatched, or once I get the new handset.

Im very aware of the lottery of getting a new iPhone on launch day, which is why Im trying to find out when my old handset will need to depart. If it goes before I can order it would leave me wqithout a device.

I dont want to wait until the moment orders go live to find that Im up a creek whilst all the orders fly in and the leadtime slips to November or something.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always recycled when I upgrade but from my experience they always have the device handed over at the time of signing the t&c for the new tariff so yeah I guess they'll want it back when you agree to a tariff to guarantee a pre order

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Jeez, it's painful!
You have to upgrade in store to avail yourself of the iPhone upgrade on us offer.
You cannot pre order on this offer (at least you couldn't last year).
Your upgrade will be dependent on store stock allocation which as you know will be zero units.
If you search on here you will find threads of complaints from last year regarding this.
Full T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/yearly-upgrade-terms-and-conditions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8