Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The following method will work on any O2 mobile and means you can control the time interval before a call goes to Voicemail.

Enter the following into your keypad as though you were just making a call :

**61*901*11*30# then simply press 'call'.

please note 30 is the time in seconds before voicemail kicks in and can be set in increments of 5 ie. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 to a maximum of 30 seconds. (also see video)

If this doesn't do the trick try turning off WiFi and changing the setting network type to 2G only.

Alternatively, you can switch voicemail off completely by calling 1760 from your mobile when you know you will be available to answer calls. Switch on again when needed by calling 1750.

More info on Voicemail here : Using Voicemail | Support | O2

Just a tip : To avoid charges when travelling overseas switch off voicemail before you go as you cannot do so once you have left the UK 

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

JD76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Martin is it possible to provide some similar help for me.  Every time I run the MIM codes they all say executed successfully.  However when I then run the *#61# it still states 15 seconds.  All I want is to extend my ring time to 30 seconds.  I've tried turning off Wifi and 4G calling as well.

I'd appreciate any help if possible.

Thanks 

Message 71 of 106

Dorsetdrover
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks very much for the quick replies. I have tried the suggestions and it says the number has not been assigned. I am not in the UK so does that prevent me from doing this?
Message 72 of 106

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Dorsetdrover 

Unfortunately this will only work when connected to your home network.

You can dial ##002# to reset everything to default and cancel all diverts, this should work abroad.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 73 of 106

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Dorsetdrover 

Unfortunately this will only work when connected to your home network.

You can dial ##002# to reset everything to default and cancel all diverts, this should work abroad.

Hi @MI5 - does the response above mean that you *can* or you *cannot* alter voicemail ring time duration when roaming in another network using the **61.... code sequence? Thanks!

Also @Martin-O2 - the head post on this thread mast have another Guru YouTube Video in it, as it is showing as "Private" - can you take a look please? (Or @lewys-gp or @RafaC) Thanks.

Message 74 of 106

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Video has been removed @pgn. Thanks for flagging. 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 75 of 106

NC201
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quick question folks on this one, as just moved over to O2.

I'm getting this same error as others in respect of the network not passing the *61*11*901*30# MMI code.
I popped in to an O2 shop this weekend and one of the staff members told me that apparently O2 no longer support extending ringtimes on the VM divert and that it's fixed at 15 seconds? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Message 76 of 106

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Complete rubbish.

The system is broken since the introduction of wifi calling and since they can't fix it I guess they are just choosing to say that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 77 of 106

NC201
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you... I wasn't convinced the agent in the store was telling the truth as CS have raised a second line support request to try and get it sorted. People discussed getting CS to disable WiFi calling on the account and then have a go but the call centre agent couldn't seem to do that.

Question, as you're clearly in the know; if I got this sorted then had to temporarily disable VM, eg for travelling abroad, then when I re-enabled it would it default back to 15 seconds?

Also, do you know if O2, as per EE and Three, charge a 1min call for the diverted leg of a call back to UK voicemail if you're roaming on standard rates (£2.00/min). So, for example, I go to, lets's say, Turkey and someone calls me for which I don't reply, it goes to Voicemail and they leave a message. I assume I get charged?

Message 78 of 106

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@NC201 

The only time the duration would reset is if you removed the sim from the device for any reason.

And yes, you will be charged for the voicemail when abroad and outside of the EU as it diverts back to the UK. 

We advise turning off voicemail in these circumstances.

Currently using:
Message 79 of 106

NC201
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further to my previous posts on this I've tried to get CS to resolve the voicemail divert time but sadly to no avail. Each agent promises they'll either call me back or look in to it but hear nothing back!

I asked one of the agents to disable 4G voice calling and VoWLAN calling temporarily to see if this allows the network to accept the MMI code then call back and get them to re-enable the LTE voice calling etc but whilst one or two said they can do it but weren't sure how, other agents told me it can't be done!!

Could any mods here potentially escalate this for me so I can get it resolved?

Message 80 of 106