cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much data does downloading songs from Amazon use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

Been downloading a couple of songs per week for the llast few weeks from Amazon MP3, now I got a text from O2 yesterday, I've used all my 750 Mb data?! The songs are about 5 Mb in size at the most.

The only other thing I do on my phone that uses possibly a lot of data is checking my mail twice a day.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the router is all set up you should just need to get the wep serial number from the underneath of it on a label.

Go into your phones settings and connect to wifi , it will find your router name and then you attempt to connect and you will be asked to input that code.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning Richard,

It does rack up.

Why are you not using Plusnet WiFi when and where available ?

Checking your e mail does not use lots of data unless they have attachments.

You could use an app called Onavo which helps you track data use.

If you think something is amiss then ring o2 Customer Services and they should be able to help.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning Richard,

It does rack up.

Why are you not using WiFi when and where available ?

I am not able to set up WI Fi alone, I need my Brother's help and he lives in London and has 2 kids.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning Richard,

It does rack up.

Why are you not using WiFi when and where available ?

I am not able to set up WI Fi alone, I need my Brother's help and he lives in London and has 2 kids.

Hi,

Do you mean set it up so you can use the Wifi connection on your mobile ?

Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If you let us know what kind of phone you have, I'm sure we can send you a tutorial that will let you do it yourself.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think he has the samsung s4 Bambino.

Found this.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

If you let us know what kind of phone you have, I'm sure we can send you a tutorial that will let you do it yourself.

Galaxy S3, and I got a new routewr from Plusnet on the 13th of this month, with a new Wi-Fi password which I do not know.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the router is all set up you should just need to get the wep serial number from the underneath of it on a label.

Go into your phones settings and connect to wifi , it will find your router name and then you attempt to connect and you will be asked to input that code.

Message 8 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

That's a good tutorial, Richard. If you have trouble following videos, here is a link with written instructions for setting up WiFi and many other things you can do with your phone:

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/Mobiles/2012/06/samsung_galaxy_s3_user_guide

Your router may say 'Wireless Key' when referring to the code you need to put into your phone. Also remember that you can turn your WiFi off and on as needed. If you leave it on all the time it will use up your battery.

Let us know if you've been able to get it set up.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Perhaps a friend or another family member can assist you. You set it up basically the same as you would have set your PC up when you recently changed broadband. It's the same password you need to use.

Message 10 of 13