Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

How long to transfer number???

How long should it take to transfer a number from contract to Pay & Go?

I think it was meant to go through by 6pm on Friday! Smiley Mad
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you are porting your number from a contract with another provider it takes about 2 working days from the time you give the new provider the PAC. (You would be told a date)

If you are migrating a number from O2 contract to O2 PAYG it normally takes up to 24 hours.
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

Keep powering your phone off/on and if its not done today give them a call.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Sorted now - apparently you must top up before your number becomes active! :womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

I am in the same position (transferring from pay monthly to pay as you go) and today was meant to be the transfer day but my number has not been switched to my new sim. The new sim works and i have the 02 service but on the new number for that sim and not the one i wanted to switch. Any ideas on how to get my original number?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi there,

Has your old contract SIM died (ie. Inactive SIM)?

If so, then I think your number will have been transferred.

My number was "unavailable" when you dialled it so thought it hadn't worked – rang O2 who told me to top-up my phone to activate the number transfer. :womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks, that worked Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I got the same problem, waiting for my monthly number to be transferred over to Pay & go. I asked O2 If I needed to top up the new sim card & they said no. Will try it now to see if anything happens.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Oh this is good to know, I have been waiting for 3 days for my calls to be activated but until now I did not know that I had to top-up to activate my calls.

I migrated from Orange to O2 pay and go and have confirmation that I am now fully on O2 but I can only receive text messages not calls Smiley Wink I will go top-up and see if my calls work.