Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

How long to connect

Hi folks how long should it take to activate a new phone got my new contract phone yesterday morning from dialaphone they told me that it would be connected by 5pm, it wasnt connected so phoned customer services and they told me it was o2s fault as they hadnt issued a number for the line phoned o2 and they say nothing they can do as I dont have a number so they cant find me on the system,so can you tell me who is responsible for connecting my phone 02 or dial a phone.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,783

How long to connect

Dial a phone should have supplied you with a sim card, do you not have one. If you do have one you can give the number to O2 but dial a phone should do all this for you. Who are being billed by them. As O2 have told you, they cannot help you without a number. I would go back to dial a phone today and get some more answers from them.
Highlighted
Anonymous

How long to connect

Yes I did get a sim card but no phone number with it been back on to dialaphone this morning but there still blaming 02 so where do I go next?
Highlighted

How long to connect

Perhaps O2 can tell you the number from the sim serial number of the card? Other than that, perhaps someone else can steer you in the right direction as I have no knowledge of dial a phone.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

How long to connect

New contract phone, surely the number is on the box with the barcode, failing that the sim card holder?

Either way the problem is down to Dialaphone.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

How long to connect

Number not on the box or the sim card holder just says on the paperwork number to be advised will give them until tomorrow to sort it out or I will just go elsewhere getting fedup now costing me a fortune in phone calls.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

How long to connect

Good luck getting it sorted out Alex, let us know how you get on.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

How long to connect

Dialaphone (DAP) don't activate the phones until they're delivered, not sure how they do this but it isn't down to o2.

Mind, DAP often have a lot of non connects and have to do a return and resale to get it connected, keep on at them and don't let them fob you off with calling o2.
Highlighted

How long to connect

I think its fairly unanimous Alex. TBH,I think I would return the phone to them if they keep messing you about....surely they should advise you the number, how else are you supposed to know it?
Highlighted
Anonymous

How long to connect

Hi Alex,
Im having the exact same problem, i was wondering how you resolved this problem.
Many thanks.