cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take to cancel an order?

DonBelfast
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

26 May Rebecca called me to offer an upgrade and we agreed a new package.
31 May I rang after hearing nothing to find out the handsets were out of stock, but was told that they had a delivery and would get me one the next day.
The next day I rang to find that information was incorrect so asked them to cancel the order on 1 June.
2 June I went in to a shop to get a new phone as they had the Nokia 3 in stock but they advised my order had not been cancelled.
7 June the accessories with the order - a Micro SD Card and Charge Bar arrived so I rang again and was told the system showed a phone was delivered - it was not. That person said that they would Email dispatch to check and would call me back. They didn't.
I rang again on Monday 11 June and was told the order was cancelled as out of stock, they advised me to call in to an O2 shop to see if they could give me a phone.
When I went in to a shop 11 June I was told to call customer service, which I did and got information that I am not eligible to upgrade until 26 August (by text)

I have also been told I might have to return the accessories that I received.

I have checked my account online today and found that I am still on the cancelled new tariff - 3Gb, not my original one 10Gb. My balance is also showing as -£129.40, which I do not understand.

12 June online chatted and was told
Speak to one of our agents its 03448090202. We're open from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Saturday and 8am to 6pm Sunday.

Now on hold wasting even more of my time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @DonBelfast

This is absolutely ridiculous. If you followed the cancellation process and O2 didn't carry out your request then this is their error not yours.

Unless @Marjo or @Martin-O2 (our Community Admin) can help you with this, I would be making a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

It needs to be sorted asap

Edited to add ...a minus figure in front of an amount showing on your account means you are in CREDIT to that amount (usually)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never use live chat for accounts queries as they not exactly reliable 

Message 3 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @DonBelfast, welcome to our forum! Sorry to hear about your poor experience with this. 😞 I'm going to drop you a quick PM (private message here on the forum) so we can get this looked into for you! Please do check when you get a moment.

Thanks for tagging us @Cleoriffthumbsup

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@DonBelfast You need to check with your bank. As @Cleoriff has said, if the amount is showing as a minus figure, you have probably been refunded.

We also always suggest you should never agree to anything from someone cold calling you, no matter who they say they are or where they're from.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5