cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for new phone to connect to network?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Ace today, inserted the O2 sim (new contract) at 4pm and as yet have not received any service texts in order for the phone to actually work. My husband bought the same phone yesterday and received the service texts almost immediately and has had no problems using the phone. Can it take a while for the SIM to activate? I don't know whether there is a problem or if I'm just being impatient. Cheers

Sharyn
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Anything upto 24 hours but it doesn't hurt to give them a nudge now and again wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

We would rather impatient people that are polite than the other kind.  LOL

I know what I have got for one of my Xmas presents and it is taken every fibre of my body to stop myself from ripping the wrapping paper off.

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha! Well not too much longer to wait! I'm not usually impatient if I know when something is to be expected, but it's the not knowing when it will decide to work which is driving me mad; ie I'm checking the pesky thing every two minutes. I will give O2 an affectionate nudge, thank you both very much for your help.
Message 13 of 13