cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for PAC code to be transferred onto O2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have recently joined O2 from Vodafone and completed the O2 form for transferring a number. I provided a PAC code that I got from Vodafone however my number is yet to be transferred. How long does this usually take and am I being impatient as its now been 3 days? lol...

Many thanks

Amy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It normally only takes a couple of days. Have you received a text telling you the date of change?

If not I would contact O2 either by phone or web chat. You could also try resubmitting the form.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I haven't received a text message to conform anything...

I have re-submitted this evening and will see if that goes through.

Thanks for the help.

Amy x

Message 3 of 17

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It would appear that the form has got lost in cyber space. If you don't hear anything tomorrow I would call them using the contact link at the foot of every page. Hope all goes well for you.

I ported my number out today and got texts from both O2 and EE to confirm the date.

You will know when the porting has started when your old sim card loses network connection with Vodafone, then put the new simcard in and switch the phone off and on at regular intervals until you see the O2 connection.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine took around 24 hours from the moment I requested it. I called O2 on Monday afternoon and they said it would be done on Tuesday by 6pm. I received a text from O2 early on Tuesday morning saying it was set to happen that day and around 2pm/3pm it was complete.

Perhaps phone your request through rather then fill out the online form.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum. 😄

Here is a help link on PAC Codes and the migration process.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

It also may be an idea to contact VodaPhone to ensure everything is as it should be at their end , as well as contacting O2.

Do let us know how you get on please.
Message 6 of 17

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

If you provided the code using the online form, I'd suggest calling 202 instead to make sure it gets actioned. The forms are usually fine and ports happen when they should do but occasionally they can be delayed if the back office team don't process the online form in time.

My recent port from 3 to EE was delayed because I used the form and it didn't get processed until the next morning with the port set up for the working day after that. The form was submitted before the cut off time for a next working day port but it still took 2 days in the end

Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I must be honest its much preferable to speak to someone. Lack of text shows that things can go wrong wiyh online forms.

Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine took around 24 hours from the moment I requested it. I called O2 on Monday afternoon and they said it would be done on Tuesday by 6pm. I received a text from O2 early on Tuesday morning saying it was set to happen that day and around 2pm/3pm it was complete.

Perhaps phone your request through rather then fill out the online form.

Thanks @Anonymous  for your help. I know you have recently done this from other posts you have made..your experience will be very helpful to the OP...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymoushas been around a while now and it's great to see experiences posted to help others wink

Message 10 of 17