cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to fix a mast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Im trying to find out how long it takes to fix a mast. I have very slow, almosy unuseable mobile internet speed in the Leytonstone area. This is where i work and use my mobile data. For the past month now the status checker has informed me that there is work going on on the mast and i will be kept updated. Thats all good & and well O2 but how long am i supposed to wait?

Its getting to the point where I think i need to escalate this issue to someone a little higher up and on social media. Not good enough O2, not good enough at all.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 never give timescales as it can be dependent on lots of factors....You could make a complaint and may be offered a goodwill gesture when it gets fixed https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 never give timescales as it can be dependent on lots of factors....You could make a complaint and may be offered a goodwill gesture when it gets fixed https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Average is about 2 weeks for repairs but yours sounds like network upgrades so will take longer. Maybe upto 6 weeks. Unfortunately escalating it won’t make it happen any quicker I’m afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Average is about 2 weeks for repairs but yours sounds like network upgrades so will take longer. Maybe upto 6 weeks. Unfortunately escalating it won’t make it happen any quicker I’m afraid.

@Yes i appreciate escalating things wont help matters but someone @ O2 needs to appreciate that they being paid on time, every month for a service that im not really getting - if you see my point.

Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I totally see your point, but from experience, I know the only thing you can do is wait it out unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I totally see your point, but from experience, I know the only thing you can do is wait it out unfortunately.

Well i have been onto O2. They cant tell me when the work will be complete, but it will be 'soon' lol. How long is that piece of string again? slight_smile

Am being credit for everyday for everyday that the mast has been under maintenance. so every cloud and all that.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No worries mate.
Hope it's fixed soon.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

mdoswell49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
PL21 Ivybridge area. Faulty mast for 7 weeks & still no remedy! Admittedly, I have a good will gesture of 1 month free. But would love to see a full service soon.
Message 8 of 8