cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for an upgrade to be cancelled and account to be reverted to old tariff

may345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes for an upgrade to be cancelled (if done within 14 days of ordering) and to be reverted to your old tariff? I was told I’d receive a confirmation by email but nothing has come through yet.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hi @may345. I understand it generally takes 24/48 hours for an upgrade cancellation to be processed.

However, if it has been more than 2 days since you cancelled the upgrade you may want to give Customer Services a call just to check the current status http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Once it has been received by o2 and scanned back in it can take upto a week for the system to process the return. It can also get delayed waiting to be scanned in.
Generally it’s around 2 weeks from start to finish of process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

may345
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s a sim only tariff.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Should be almost instant then.
Call customer services to hurry them along.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

may345
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Called them and they’re telling me they have no record of the cancellation. They put it in the system again and now they’re saying I won’t receive any email confirmations and that it will just happen automatically on my next bill date. This sounds wrong. That means I have no written record of the cancellation and if it fails, I won’t have any evidence to say I tried cancelling twice during the 14 day change of mind period.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I’d press them for an email confirmation, or in this instance, use live chat and save the transcript.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

may345
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Now they are saying there is no cancellation request on the account. This is getting ridiculous.
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Hence the reason for my suggestions above.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @may345! Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with this. 😞 How are you doing at the moment, any progress?? 

Message 10 of 10