Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

How long does a O2 to O2 transfer of number take?

Just upgraded wife's IPhone3 to a 4s.  Did it via O2 shop.  They transferred her number for me. That was 6 hours ago. Her old phone still has a signal.  The new phone is working fine in every respect apart from no signal (Synced, EMail, Wi-fi etc).  How long does it take and should I turn the old phone off or leave it on please?  Understand I should turn the new one on and off but if the old one still has a signal what is the point? Thanks for any help!

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: How long does a O2 to O2 transfer of number take?

The old phone will lose signal then you can start resetting the new phoneSmiley Happy

It can take up to 24 hours but its normally done a lot soonerSmiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Thanks. They said the new one will just burst in to life!! The signal issues today might have impacted things aswell?

The old one dies and then if the new phone is being a bit thick it needs resetting then its all goodSmiley Happy

It might of done :/ unfortunatly it's not area specific so I can't say for sure:/
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Thanks - I will ignore it for a day! (the phone not my wife).

Haha I'm not one to judgeSmiley Wink