cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the yearly upgrade work in practice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand the basics of the annual upgrade on Refresh but how does it work in practice?

I can't be without a phone.

Do I have to send my current one back before the new one is dispatched??

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
You can arrange for new phone to be delivered in an o2 store and hand over old phone when you collect the new one. Sadly o2 does not allow to reserve handset in advance which means that by the 25th when most of last year's iPhone refresh contracts are due the upgrade they will have no stock available. I regret having signed up to refresh for this reason. It will thus extend your contract by at least a month.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
You can arrange for new phone to be delivered in an o2 store and hand over old phone when you collect the new one. Sadly o2 does not allow to reserve handset in advance which means that by the 25th when most of last year's iPhone refresh contracts are due the upgrade they will have no stock available. I regret having signed up to refresh for this reason. It will thus extend your contract by at least a month.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, you will find that every year you stay on it you will actually get further away from the iphone release date, as you are unable to pre-order until your 12 month anniversary and of course if stock has run out you have to wait till you "upgrade" which could be weeks later again. I still have 19 days till I am allowed to refresh as of today.

Message 3 of 3