Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you empty an upgrade basket?

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all, hope you're all staying safe and well.

Yesterday my wife went through the process of upgrading her phone. But when it got to the end, AFTER, it took card details for the O2 refresh payment (I was paying this part), it asks questions about employment status. My wife is currently unemployed and with the current lock down will remain so for the time being. So the options available to answer are "Employed" or "Self-Employed", no other options. So how do unemployed people get phone contracts? Because we all know they do. Do they lie at this stage?

Affordability isn't an issue here as she has the funds to pay for it and will hopefully be back working soon. The contract renewal will actually make the monthly payment cheaper than she pays now.

She has been a loyal customer for years but now seems stuck until she's back in work?

Ideally she'd continue the upgrade process but can't get through this screen without lying, so for now she's had to abandon the process but she keeps getting emails reminding her that her upgrade basket is waiting. There seems no way of clearing this on the site. How do you empty an upgrade basket?

Anyone else had experience of any of the above?

Thanks

Steve
Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, use your employment details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, use your employment details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks @MI5. So basically because I know my wife's credit is fine I just say employed and carry on and all is good?
Thanks

Steve
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:
Thanks @MI5. So basically because I know my wife's credit is fine I just say employed and carry on and all is good?

Yes @welshsteve76 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes @welshsteve76 

That will be fine.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As it happens, it was a good thing as a further review of the phone spec by my wife shows the phone didn't have a few features that she wanted.  So for now the upgrade is on hold

Thanks

Steve
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Always pays to read up on new devices 🤔

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, absolutely.  A phone with only 32GB internal stroage and no expandable storage capability is ridiculous in this day and age so I'm really glad we checked.  Not everyone wants their data stored on another computer somewhere.

Thanks

Steve
Message 8 of 8