Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do increase my upload speed

Mike6118
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Trying to view cctv cameras on iphone 7 been told up load speed is too slow.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing you can do at all as it's all network controlled.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using WiFi instead of mobile data 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't increase it on wifi either.
Rarely will you get mega fast uploads on standard packages of any type.
Anyway, problem here probably isn't anything to do with speed. More likely o2 blocking ports used by the cameras so you can probably get it to work on wifi but no help whatsoever when not in wifi range.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Depends on what the source is using that you're connecting to. For example if the camera is using ADSL broadband then you're looking at upload speeds of less than 1MB. You would need to be on the fibre packages of 38MB and above to get some sort of sensible upload for your purpose providing you don't get loss over the line. Anyway see here for an unaffiliated link on it: https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/ask-our-expert/which-broadband-has-the-best-upload-speeds which more or less summarises the info.

I'd hazard a guess in saying the frame rate and resolution may be part of the issue if wanting to view over the mobile network and downgrading those may be a compromise. Though as MI5 points out, you could have other issues with o2 port blocking. 

Message 5 of 5