cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order a new 4G SIM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I'm having a wee problem...

I got the text to say that 4G has now been enabled on my account but I don't have a 4G SIM after checking the 4G Setup Assistant 

Now...I have been trying for the past 2 months to order a new SIM via the 4G Setup Assistant but every time I confirm my number and phone then click "Order your 4G SIM online" then "order SIM now", I get an order error stating "There was an error processing the sim order. Please contact customer services."

I went into my local O2 shop at the weekend and all of the staff were busy, so after being ignored for 5 minutes (my existance wasn't even aknowledged) in a hot store I decided to leave.

Is there another page online that I could order a new 4G SIM card from?

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

hahaha with trepidation I pressed the "Use Live Chat" option on the O2 website this morning...

...and it all went swimmingly! Bouncy

A new SIM card has been ordered and I've already had two emails to let me know that it was ordered and is now on its way!

If I could give Dev the advisor Kudos I would, but instead I'll provide some "A++++++ would use again" Ebay feedback instead! :smileywink:LOL

Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Yipeeee slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Never doubted them for a moment!

Now have you ordered P&G or Monthly but more importantly, which will you get?:smileywink:

Message 13 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hey Papa,

Good to hear slight_smile

I'll pass on your kind words and see if I can get them back to the advisor you spoke to

Love it when a plan comes together.

hannibal-a-team.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that all went swimmingly!

SIM card was waiting for me when I got home. Carried out the Sim Swap process using http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ and about 20 minutes later I was able to put my new SIM in my Z10 and as able to use it as normal!

Do I have 4G? Who knows...but I'll find out tomorrow when I pop up to Glasgow to visit a friend!

Message 15 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good result Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous Are you already on a 4G tariff though?

Just reread the first post and see that you are - enjoy.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm now in Glasgow and got my first 4G signal about 10 minutes drive from the city centre!

Big success! grin
Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions