cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order a new 4G SIM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I'm having a wee problem...

I got the text to say that 4G has now been enabled on my account but I don't have a 4G SIM after checking the 4G Setup Assistant 

Now...I have been trying for the past 2 months to order a new SIM via the 4G Setup Assistant but every time I confirm my number and phone then click "Order your 4G SIM online" then "order SIM now", I get an order error stating "There was an error processing the sim order. Please contact customer services."

I went into my local O2 shop at the weekend and all of the staff were busy, so after being ignored for 5 minutes (my existance wasn't even aknowledged) in a hot store I decided to leave.

Is there another page online that I could order a new 4G SIM card from?

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Live chat?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Live chat?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

Or if your pay monthly speak to O2 via 202 or perhaps try another O2 shop or the same one but be a little more assertive wink
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? wink

Actually, I might give it a try, they haven't been too bad whenever I've used them in the past!

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

Or if your pay monthly speak to O2 via 202 or perhaps try another O2 shop or the same one but be a little more assertive wink

I couldnt figure out last night which option to choose on the freesim site as they all seemed rather specific! My local O2 store i literally 300 yards from my flat but i can only get there at weekends. And sadly I chose a time when all of the staff were busy. I'm assertive when I need to be but when I'm not even looked at, despite a member of staff having his teenage daughter chatting to him behind the counter while he is serving customers in front of him, it makes it difficult to get some service. I hate bad customer service at the best of times!

I'll give Live Chat a try as suggested by MI5 and see how I get on

Thanks guys

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I'm in need of a blank account specific SIM card like you are to perform a sim swap ,then I head straight for the main desk and ensure they know I'm there waiting ~Patiently~

However the employee should have asked his daughter to step to one side or return when things had quietened down. One thing I learnt in retail was to ensure I acknowledged a customer even if I couldn't serve them straightaway.

The free sim link I highlighted is for Payg.

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware Contract sims are not available this way.

Hope you get sorted soon.
Message 6 of 19

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

When I go to my O2 store local to base, if they look busy I usually but in to saying something like " excuse me, sorry to but in but is there a long wait?" which then let's me know if it's at least worth hanging around or trying later. Evil

Good luck with Live Chat wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
How did you get on with Live Chat Papa?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
How did you get on with Live Chat Papa?

Please let it be a success Happy Dance

Currently using:
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions