cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make an extra payment on my device plan?

Davy-Oddball
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would like to make an additional payment for my device plan - I'm trying to (eventually) pay off my device plan early so I can get an upgrade. Worth the phone line only accepting urgent queries (taking money off me would seem like a priority) I cannot speak to someone to pay some money towards my device plan. So how do I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Davy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Davy-Oddball 

The only way is to call, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Davy-Oddball
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But there is no way to call them on the phone! Do they have an email address I could harass their customer services on?

Cheers.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry, no email.
Keep calling 202 and if you get as far as the hold music, wait until answered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

StumpySue
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Me too Davy, I have been trying for a couple of weeks, the 202 No is useless, the 08000 No. keeps telling me they're "Putting me through to someone now" but never do. Why don't they want to take some money?? if you get any help please let me know
Message 5 of 10

Loo95
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m also with you on this one, trying to pay off some of my device plan but saying to call then no answer. If you get an answer please let me know how. Thanks, Lauren
Message 6 of 10

DianaClairmont
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the same issue. I was on with 202 a little while ago and I got through and they ended up sending me a link via text with a link to the website to pay that way, but I've already visited earlier and it wasn't helpful, so I pressed help hoping I'd get through or something be able to make a payment. But it directed me back to the automated message with an option for if you've had your phone lost or stolen, and then hung up on me.

I've rang twice and got absolutely nothing that helps, I've been on the website a couple of times. You can pay your airtime bill online, but as I'm up-to-date with that that's not helpful. I might try contacting on twitter. Failing that I guess 202 again.

Hopefully one of us will succeed.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@DianaClairmont 

There is more info since this thread was started.

If you need to call customer service.
All numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

DianaClairmont
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, thanks for that info. I will try that in the morning.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10