cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go about transferring a number from a normal sim to a nano sim?????

Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad has just purchased an O2 sim card on a well know auction site only because he really wanted that phone number. The sim card in question is just a standard sim card he is thinking about getting an iPhone and of course they use a nano sim card. Is there a way you can transfer the number on to a nano sim card. I know you can transfer numbers but useally the number you want to transfer is already in use on a phone as this one has never been used I was not sure??????????? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The best option is to get the sim activated first in a phone that accepts the size to make sure it is working ok. The O2 store will provide a sim and swap the number for you free of charge.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes, just a straightforward sim swap that any o2 store will do for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The best option is to get the sim activated first in a phone that accepts the size to make sure it is working ok. The O2 store will provide a sim and swap the number for you free of charge.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the advice.

Message 4 of 4