cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close my account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an O2 Mobile Broadband pay monthly account that I want to close. 

I tried to do this via live chat but was told that I had to call CS on 0344 809 0202. I don't have an O2 mobile so have to pay for calls to this number. After being put on hold for 20 minutes, I decided I didn't want to pay to listen to the "on hold" music any longer and hung up. How else can I close my account without having to ring CS?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

A useful guide here by one of our members.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Being a mobile broadband account a written letter may be your best option if you don't want to speak to them.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately calling customer services is the queickest way of giving them your 30 days cancellation notice.

Alternatively, send them a letter however i would recommend sending via recorded delivery

Message 3 of 16

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If i have to call somewhere from my mobile i usually search for their internaltion number. Don't kill me if this doen't work though, just a thought. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 4 of 16

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Calling doesn't always mean the cancellation will be actioned as we've seen on a couple of other threads recently.

A recorded delivery letter is the best way to make sure it gets actioned as per the guide linked earlier in the thread. Or at least if it doesn't get actioned, you will have proof it was received

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well what a joke O2 is I have been trying to close an account for 3 weeks I went to O2 shops that tell me it can only be done on the phone not in the shop, I have tried so manys times calling them to be told 'all lines are busy' it's a joke I'm so annoyed with O2 I have 5 accounts with them I had to close one of my account because I was getting charged for imessage calls abroad I had the roaming off had BLUE messages that was proof all the text I sent were imessage through WiFi I got billed in the hundreds for it and when I complained they told me it must be my Iphone settings. So I took the Iphone to Apple who had the phone all day and checked it there was nothing wrong with the phone which I knew all the time. So I gave up bought a new phone and new contract to stop the bills and guess what after 3 weeks I cannot cancel the old contract because nobody will answer my calls if anybody reads this at O2 your pissing off customers big time and they will leave to better providers!

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Appreciate how frustrating this is.

We do know they have been overrun with the Apple Launch and now possibly the Note 4 Launch.
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

0344 should be free from any mobile network as long as you have free mins. not 100% check it with your current network provider.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144332 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

0344 should be free from any mobile network as long as you have free mins. not 100% check it with your current network provider.

All 03 numbers come out of any call allowance but they are not "free" per se

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried again this morning just kept palying music then after an hour is cuts off nuff said, I am going to Vodaphone for my next contracts without doubt

Message 10 of 16