cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my number on my o2 account and transfer the existing number to someone else?

michael1958
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I change my number on my pay monthly o2 to my existing (GiffGaff) number and transfer the existing o2 number to someone else?

I assume that I need to get a pac code from GiffGaff for the number I want to use on this o2 pay monthly account and that my ex, who uses the current number on the o2 account (which is in my name and for which I pay) will need to open another mobile phone account. Assuming that is correct, can I get a pac code from o2 for her to give to her new provider?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@michael1958 

The only way is to transfer the current number to someone else first to a new contract.

You can then get a new contract yourself, as the old one will have ended and get your PAC from giffgaff to transfer your number to it.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@michael1958 

Forgot to add, how to get your PAC for your ex here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3