cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my contract (which has ended anyway) when no one will talk to me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract has ended, the phone was used by my daughter who is now 18 and has her own contract so I want to cancel but can't find how to do this on the web page. I started talking to Abbie from the cancellation team - she then stopped talking to me so how do I do it if they won't talk

Guess I'll just have to cancel my direct debit - they'll talk to me then I bet.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Call O2 on 202 from your phone.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Do not cancel your direct debit please. It'll be you that suffers !

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Call O2 on 202 from your phone.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Do not cancel your direct debit please. It'll be you that suffers !
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Guess I'll just have to cancel my direct debit - they'll talk to me then I bet. 

That all depends how much grief you want later on but my advice would be to follow the proper procedure....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No no no @Anonymous  Do not even joke about cancelling your direct debit. I shudder when I think about it wink

Follow the procedure as given...and then leave it for at least a month in case there is anything final to settle...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

I have calmed down a little and have written a letter giving notice now as has been suggested.

I will not cancel my direst debit yet as advised I can also say that I will never use an O2 phone again for myself or any of the children as I have found them to be unhelpful and even rude as I was just following advice in talking to someone fron=m the Cancellations team - to then be left in the middle of a conversation was very unhelpful 😞

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It never used to be like that at all - It's all gone downhill recently and many feel the same as you sadly 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It really is a sad state of affairs nowadays. So many dissatisfied customers...and they seem to care very little about it slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I appreciate things can be frustrating and I'm happy to hear you've taken a step back and had a think about your direct debit.

I hope from this point your able to carry on with your cancellation.

Take care. 😄
Message 8 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous if you get a good signal on the O2 network, but don't want to stay with O2, there are alternatives, Tesco Mobile and GiffGaff to name but two, which also use the O2 network. I can personally recommend Tesco Mobile. Very good Customer Service, and very reasonable tariffs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Such a sad state of affairs. O2 used to be the best, great customer service, great signal.

Now? Worse than Vodafone and that is saying something.
Message 10 of 11