cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my contract when I can't make contact withO2?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying since the weekend to speak to O2

Both the call centre and 'Live Chat' are constantly busy...it's now 4 days...

I can't even wait in a queue, the automated response is 'try again tomorrow'

Initially was intending to upgrade via refresh but O2 prices are incredibly high, no loyalty discount

Can get a better deal for around half the price on 'uswitch'

So going to have to cancel

Called an O2 store who confirm that it's not possible to either email or write to O2

The only way is by phone...and the lines are constantly busy...

Seriously wondering about legal advice here

Surely this can't be right?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou, Marina, I did
All excellent and very helpful advice
Once I finally got through (thanks to the posters here) it turned out I didn't need to leave O2, as I can still use them as line service provider, but via a third party for the handset
Glad about this as been with O2 since first mobile phone nearly 20 yrs ago (CellNet, back in the day!)
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, OK!
Did tell the lady @Anonymous I was going to a 3rd party provider but she wasn't really interested
Said not possible for O2 to price match anyone else, OK maybe on the handset I can understand, but not even on an O2 tariff...really...
Is it me or is that just daft?
Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Should have said you were going to Vodafone!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah, OK!
Did tell the lady @Anonymous I was going to a 3rd party provider but she wasn't really interested
Said not possible for O2 to price match anyone else, OK maybe on the handset I can understand, but not even on an O2 tariff...really...
Is it me or is that just daft?

The thing is @Anonymous Only O2 offer the Refresh deal. With others you get a standard O2 24 month tariff...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
All a bit confusing @Cleoriff
I asked O2 for their upgrade prices, given I've been their customer forever
This was more expensive than what a new customer would pay for their deal from scratch...
Maybe I'm not entitled to Refresh (whatever that actually is)?
They certainly didn't offer me anything close to what I now have (below)
mobiles.co.uk:
iPhone 6s 64GB unlimited calls+texts, 3GB data
£165 upfront for the handset then £31 / month for 2 years
Free next day 60 minute delivery slot to address of my choice
(they also do a 16GB handset for £115 upfront / same tariff but I need more storage than that)
O2 couldn't offer this tariff, with or without a handset, O2 quoted me handsets prices which are more expensive and on a waiting list for delivery
Guess I just don't know the procedure for getting a better deal than this out of O2...but if it's going to be so difficult, then I guess most other ppl won't, either...
Many thanks for the help and advice, much appreciated
Was unable to even get through to O2 without it!!
Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

That does look a good deal but for future reference have a look at this guide to Refresh. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Basically it is a 2 year contract but split into two parts Device and Airtime...so you can (if funds available) pay off the device at any time and walk away.

The deals they offered with the iPhone 6S this year were excellent. Free insyrance and 20-20gb data

(I am not trying to sell you one by the way....I prefer Samsung :smileywink:) but even I could see what a good deal it was...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gosh that IS a good deal, wonder why on earth O2 staff don't mention it when they are asked about the options?
Wouldn't use anywhere near that amount of data myself (and already have phone insurance thru bank account) but my son definitely would
He uses loads, as no landline and pretty sure he'd be entitled to it as also been with O2 for more than 10 years now
Will FWD the link to him and thanks so much again : )
Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well the iPhone 6S has just been released today and obviously demand has been high. So before I clear off for the night ...I will let you see the tariff...(it is in the Shop section of the website)

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/apple/iphone-6s/#contractType=paymonthly

Personally though... if anyone wanted a superior phone, they may want to look at the Samsung S6...or S6 Edge Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18