cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my contract before the due date

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, my name's Simone and I've been living in the UK for the past 7 years, and for all this time I've been a very good O2 costumer spending load of money with them.

6 or 7 months ago I signer a 24 month contract but now, due to health reasons, I'll have to leave the contry and I'd like to cancel it in somehow without being charged the full amount...is there any way out??

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Hi Simone

Unfortunately there is no way to end your contract without paying off the remaining months. Cancelling any bolt ons would make it cheaper for you.

The best option would be to sell your phone and put the proceeds towards the cancellation fee.

Hope your health improves. This country is enough to make anyone ill.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Hi Simone

Unfortunately there is no way to end your contract without paying off the remaining months. Cancelling any bolt ons would make it cheaper for you.

The best option would be to sell your phone and put the proceeds towards the cancellation fee.

Hope your health improves. This country is enough to make anyone ill.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to echo Jonsie's well wishes and I hope your health improves.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the wishes...it is weird though, I cannot do anything to end this thing in a nice way even though I want to but if I just close my bank account a cancel al the standing orders there is actually nothing that O2 could do, so i don't understand how they will not want to settle this...
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
But if you ever return to the Uk the debt will be here and you won't be able to easily open bank accounts or get other contracts etc.

You entered willingly into a contract.
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23513 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3746 Solutions

It's unfortunate that you've fallen ill, but your personal circumstance isn't O2's fault. If you don't pay off what you owe, should you ever decide to come back to this country you would never qualify for credit for anything. You would never be able to take out a contract for another mobile phone. Not just with O2, but with any network. Your bad credit marker would always be there. Do you think not paying what you owe is worth that?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
While I agree it is not the correct thing to do the credit marker will only be there for six years
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call o2 and see if they can do anything for you. Any decent rep or supervisor/manager after seeing some proof of your health/going out of the country should cancel it.

Otherwise, do what damien1 is hinting at doing slight_smile

Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Any decent rep or supervisor/manager after seeing some proof of your health/going out of the country should cancel it.

No they won't, they do not have the authority to vary the terms of any contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9