cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access my pay as you bill?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used my free minutes in less than a week and I want to check my usage but I can only access my bill total and not an intermised bill. I have tried live chat 3 times and got nowhere with them.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have used my free minutes in less than a week and I want to check my usage but I can only access my bill total and not an intermised bill. I have tried live chat 3 times and got nowhere with them.

Hi,

You cannot do this on a pay as you go contract.

Instead contact Customer Services on 4445 from your mobile who will be able to see where your data is being used.

Do not use Live Chat for this type of support.

If you perform a search on here there are live threads concerning data usage and sometimes how its used in the background depending on what make of mobile your using.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

You cannot do this on a pay as you go contract.

Instead contact Customer Services on 4445 from your mobile who will be able to see where your data is being used.

Do not use Live Chat for this type of support.

If you perform a search on here there are live threads concerning data usage and sometimes how its used in the background depending on what make of mobile your using.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

i use a pay as you go sim car for my house gates, so i dont' have access to a phone with the sim card in it to call the support line.  how am i supposed to check the usage?  It is topping up auto at a rate that does not make sense to the amount of times the SIM is used to call me

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
This has cropped up before and the only way to check the balance is to take the SIM out of the device it is in and put it in a phone to check the status.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep, makes sense to dismantle a gate post to check to see how the usage is going. let me think of another way of overcoming the issue..... yes, get a new provider. What is the sense in having an online account if you can't see your details. Being able to determine your usage would be a stepping stone to going on to a contract - bye O2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

Okay dokay.... I think you can check PAYG usage on line with Orange.....

The other option is a subject access request to O2 but it costs £10 a time - Not ideal either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It might be better to use a sim from GiffGaff, where the credit doesn't expire.

I don't believe O2 have ever sold sims for this purpose.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7