cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out how much is outstanding on my device?

Abbafan1972
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

The app used to tell you how much was left to pay on your device, but now it doesn't tell you any more.

I have tried my account on the website and I can't find it there either.  My bill doesn't split the device and airtime cost.

Both of these just offer my upgrade options with O2 refresh and tell me that the rest of my contract will be paid off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I've just opened up the android app and it's there on the first screen - scroll down to monthly device plan - it tells you the last device bill amount and underneath how much is left. Maybe update the app if you haven't for a while.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Abbafan1972 

What you have to pay to upgrade is what's outstanding on your device plan. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I've just opened up the android app and it's there on the first screen - scroll down to monthly device plan - it tells you the last device bill amount and underneath how much is left. Maybe update the app if you haven't for a while.

Message 3 of 6

Abbafan1972
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your replies.

As far as I know my O2 app is up to date and it doesn't show how much I owe anywhere.

I popped into the O2 shop yesterday while out and the guy said I don't have a separate device plan because I took out the contract with a third party (carphone warehouse) and am not on O2 Refresh.  My bill is just one whole figure rather than a device plan and airtime. I owe £188.60 and the earliest I can give notice to leave is 1st May this year when I'm out of contract.

Apparently the amount I owe is more than what It would be if I was on O2 Refresh.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Abbafan1972 wrote:

Apparently the amount I owe is more than what It would be if I was on O2 Refresh.

Yes that is correct.

With refresh you get 2 bills, one for device and one for airtime. To cancel a refresh contract you just pay the device part and the remaining airtime is waived.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So in fact, you owe the number of months multiplied by the monthly cost minus the VAT and any bolt ons.

Message 6 of 6