Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I block Mobiplanet

Trish22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, how can I block Mobiplanet form my phone, every other week I get the message saying, thanks for your subscription. 

Cheers 

Trish

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Trish22 You need to follow the advice in this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Also contact Mobiplanet and ask to remove your subscription and refund your money

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

EducatedDevice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

They're two inital ways of doing this,

1. Would be to text STOP to the shortcode if you have one provided. 

2. Would to ring the customer service on 202 from your o2 phone and ask them to put Bar all Direct to Bill Debits

onto your account which stops any subscription based service charging your o2 contract.

All the best, 

Educated Device.

O2 Guru,
O2 Customer Service Advisor,
Android user

If and when i help you within the community, It's out of work hours meaning i will not access any accounts during our interaction. (Which is not allowed anyway).
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Trish22 You need to follow the advice in this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Also contact Mobiplanet and ask to remove your subscription and refund your money

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Edited to add Mobiplanet is part of UME. Contact details here

http://m.uk.mymobiplanet.com/index.cfm?GO=TERMS_CONDITIONS&m=&cpID=&CFID=ab6d6a12-883e-4b30-ab82-5e2...

Send stop to 83463 to unsubscribe at any time. For help call 03330035961 or email admin@umelimited.com

Ask O2 customer services to put a

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)

on your phone. That should stop further scams

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Trish22, welcome to our community! 

Sorry to hear that you've had unwanted messages. 😞 Good information above from our members so please do check it out, and let us know if you're all good now or have any further questions the community could help you with. slight_smile

Welcome

Message 5 of 8

ChippyMe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Like many thousands of 02 subscribers, my entire family has been scammed by the automatic £4.50 fortnightly charge to my account.

Today O2 help desk reimbursed some of the deductions to the value of £26 as a kind gesture, but i am still significantly out of pocket.  Like many on receipt of the first text message from MobiPlanet UME ltd telling me that my account will be debited fortnightly £4.50 unless i text STOP MPL to 83463, i assumed it was indeed a scam.  By the time i realised that it really was a scam and charges were being added to my 02 bill it was too late.  Despite having sent the STOP MPL text, I was still charged and in some cases the text message could not be delivered.

My view is that 02 has a duty of care to its customers and subscribers; to protect us from such scams!  Also, this MobiPlanet UME Ltd scam was made public by various national newspapers and i now see it has also been a topic of discussion on the 02 community's blog for some time.

Why doesn't 02 simply put a stop to this scam by barring this specific vendor service full stop and not leave it to unfortunate 02 paying customers to suffer further financial loss like i have done.  

02 i am disappointed that whilst you know about this scam 02 doesnt do nothing to protect it's loyal subscriber base.

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@ChippyMe 

We have been asking for ages for O2 to place a 2 step verification process in place. This would stop to the scams when people inadvertently click on a link and find themselves signed up to these scammers.

Other networks DO have a 2 step verification in place.

One thing you can do is to contact customer services (not live chat) and ask them to place the following two bars on youe account.

*Bar all Charge to bill Debits

*Bar to stop Premium numbers.

This will stop further money being taken out of your accounts...

Another site which will help you is this one https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@ChippyMe wrote:

Like many thousands of 02 subscribers, my entire family has been scammed by the automatic £4.50 fortnightly charge to my account.

Today O2 help desk reimbursed some of the deductions to the value of £26 as a kind gesture, but i am still significantly out of pocket.  Like many on receipt of the first text message from MobiPlanet UME ltd telling me that my account will be debited fortnightly £4.50 unless i text STOP MPL to 83463, i assumed it was indeed a scam.  By the time i realised that it really was a scam and charges were being added to my 02 bill it was too late.  Despite having sent the STOP MPL text, I was still charged and in some cases the text message could not be delivered.

My view is that 02 has a duty of care to its customers and subscribers; to protect us from such scams!  Also, this MobiPlanet UME Ltd scam was made public by various national newspapers and i now see it has also been a topic of discussion on the 02 community's blog for some time.

Why doesn't 02 simply put a stop to this scam by barring this specific vendor service full stop and not leave it to unfortunate 02 paying customers to suffer further financial loss like i have done.  

02 i am disappointed that whilst you know about this scam 02 doesnt do nothing to protect it's loyal subscriber base.

@ChippyMe 

Mobiplanet is one of the Payforit scams which O2 negligently allow to operate on it's network. Normally, sending a STOP ALL text to 83463 should stop the charges. Note that the text is chargeable, so you may not be able to send it if you have a premium rate bar on your phone. Alternatively you can phone UME Ltd. who are responsible for this service on 0333 247 0335 or email them at help@umelimited.com.

They are a UK based company:

Universal Mobile Enterprises Ltd
Universal Mobile Enterprises
Shepherd's Building
Rockley Road
Shepherd's Bush
W14 0DA
United Kingdom

So you should be able to get a FULL refund, by using the Small Claims procedure if necessary. You are entitled to a FULL refund and any Goodwill payment from O2 does not prevent you from obtaining one.

Other consumers have successfully obtained full refunds from this company by following the advice on the Payforitsucks website.

If you are refused a FULL refund, you can also escalate your dispute with UME Ltd to O2 under the Payforit rules.

Screenshot 20**Personal info** 10.15.05.png

O2 receive about 30% of the money from these scams, which explains their reluctance to act to stop them. Fortunately the scale of the problem is such that the regulator has now been forced to act. So it is likely that O2 will be forced to implement two factor authorisation for these subscriptions, which will defeat the exploits currently being used to auto-subscribe O2 customers.

O2 should be ashamed that they are putting profit ahead of morals in conniving to defraud customers through Payforit, and that it is going to require regulatory action to stop this criminal behaviour.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 8 of 8