cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous no data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Horrendous experience. Been a customer for 10 years and all of a sudden I have no data. My entire company has an account with O2. As owner and proprietor of the company I have been a loyal customer.

4 weeks ago I got a message telling me I had used up all my data and it would be re-set in a month. I called them and added more data. I done this 17 times in the last month to be told each time to allow 24 hours. I've made 27 calls. MY pa has made 34 calls. 12 emails and still nothing. Our account manager doesn't ever return calls or reply. We're spun lines by everyone we speak to say it's being dealt with. I have no email or web ability. I can't even listen to a voice mail when not in wifi. It's disgusting. I am told there is a glitch in the system and it's with their IT department. That takes 5 days to sort. I was told this 3 times over 20 days. Still no resolution. Now today we were told to raise a complaint. This is outrageous. They don't care. They don't return calls. They don't sort the issue. All total lies and nonsense.

If you want a reliable network provider (mobile), trust me it's NOT O2.

Sent from my iPhone

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

It may not be wise to rely solely on a mobile phone company for Your business needs.

Have you raised a complaint officially ?

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

It may not be wise to rely solely on a mobile phone company for Your business needs.

Have you raised a complaint officially ?

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...
Message 2 of 8

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Is this another case of iPhones using data in the background and sending usage statistics etc. back to Apple or updating other software, and reverting to 3G/4G when in standby but in range of wifi? It seems to be an all too common problem.

As ever the advice is to switch off mobile data when connected to wifi when in the office/home.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

From consistent data usage over many years of extremely low due to mostly being connected to my wifi, suddenly I have reached my max on one day in, it seems, one minute!  No change of phone or anything.  Had the same iPhone 4s for nearly 3 years!

I don't believe that there was a sudden upgrade that took 231.051 Mb that hasn't happened before.  Very unhappy and, surprise, surprise, when I finally got through to someone I was told the system hadn't updated so couldn't check what had happened and, now it has, can't get through at all.

If I were a cynic, I'd think this is 02 trying to get me to spend money on bolt-ons.

Perhaps this is the moment to switch to another provider.  Been with 02 forever but, as we know, loyalty is never rewarded.

Even my energy provider investigates if there's a sudden, unexplained, surge.  02 just say it must be my fault.  Not good enough. 

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  My phone hasn't enough memory.  02 'advisor' suggested it was that, but it isn't.

@jonsie wrote:

Have you by any chance upgraded to ios 8?

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can switch networks if you like but the only real fix is to switch phones.
Every network has been reporting this issue since iOS6, so until Apple fix it the only cure is Android, Windows or BB.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  My phone hasn't enough memory.  02 'advisor' suggested it was that, but it isn't.

@jonsie wrote:

Have you by any chance upgraded to ios 8?

If you update via iTunes and not Over the Air you don't need the memory to update. 

Unless younmean your user memory is at capacity then a spring clean would be needed. DropBox msy become useful to use or iCoudDrive when it's up and running. 

Message 8 of 8