Hi - International texting to a UK number outside the UK

Hi everyone!

This is my first post!

I set up a contract the other day!

18 months
35 pounds a month
600 mins
unlimited texts

A friend of mine has just moved to France but is still using her UK number to send texts to me and im texting her off my phone!

The question i'm asking is! Do i occur any extra charges for sending a text to a Uk number outside of the UK or do i still get to send Messages to her from my unlimited texts?

If i do occur charges does anyone know how much they will be?

Rich

x
Highlighted
Anonymous

Or will i have to pay a roaming charge? 4 times the going rate is isn't it?

Rich
Highlighted
Topics: 556
Solutions: 3,456

If its a UK mobile it is a standard text and part of your allowance - no extra cost
Highlighted
Anonymous

But if she's in france wont the network be Movistar? and will they charge me a roaming charge for her to receive that text? it's a UK number i texted her this morning when she was in the UK so obviously thats free. I text her tonight to the same number when she was in france. So will i occur a charge?

Sorry it's really confusing for me!

Rich

regardless im ringing o2 and phone4u (where i bought the phone) just for piece of mind and to clarify
Highlighted
Anonymous

No matter where your friend is in the world it will not cost you extra to text her.

This is because she's using a uk registered phone, so it's still classed as a uk > uk text Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank You! Just rang O2 just to clarify casue im a paranoid bastard and they told me the same thing! it's even part of my 600 minutes to ring her as so im a happy chappy indeed!

Thank you very much guys Smiley Happy

x
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yep you don't pay anything extra to text of phone her on her UK number - the logic being that you cannot possibly know where she actually is, so it would not be fair to charge you if she is abroad as you couldn't know about it.

However if you phone her she will have to pay to answer your call, unless she has subscribed to My Europe Extra or an equivalent package that allows her to receive calls for free when roaming in Europe.