Did you mean: 

Help!

Guidance
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. 
I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise on my situation. 

I upgraded my phone early on the 30th May 2024. I paid the remaining amount that was left on my old contract which was £91.28 and paid an extra upfront charge to lower the monthly costs for my new contract.

I had contacted customer services on two separate occasions regarding my monthly payment not coming out via direct debit for my new monthly amount for my new contract in June and July. 3 different people had informed me that, there was a technical issue their end and they would fix it.
They reassured me that no extra charges would be made and the only payment to come out when resolved, would be my monthly phone bill.

I have now just looked at my bank and they have charged me for 3 different amounts.. after being reassured that they wouldn’t charge me extra. 

I’ve looked into the figures and one is my new monthly phone bill amount which is fine, but the other two payments are totalling the £91.28 which I already paid when I upgraded my phone on the 30th May. 

I have the invoice to state that the £91.28 was paid via Apple Pay on the 30th May. 
Would I be able to get a refund? 

Money is already tight as it is and this really hasn’t helped. I have a little girl to provide for and this has now left me struggling until payday! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23914 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Guidance Best route for you to take is to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 5302

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 23914 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Guidance Best route for you to take is to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217 or 0800 032 5302

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Guidance
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!! slight_smile Have you dealt with Payment Team before, if so, how was your experience? I just don’t want to be fobbed off about something I have already paid?? 

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 23914 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Guidance I personally haven't dealt with this department. Maybe some other members of the community have and will respond to this thread. There's no guarantee, but they are Payment Management, so theoretically at least they have an obligation to help you, and shouldn't fob you off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4