Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Nicole1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've upgraded . My last contract was supposed to me 34 pound and kept getting charged like 60 . I asked in the live chat and it said I have subscribed to games ...kids !!! Argh . And she gave me a number to text to stop them yet my bill is 60 pound again ... I have upgraded.but to a cheaper plan and requested a new SIM .... Because I have a new SIM will it refresh everything ? And will I not get charged for anything like on my old phone and sim ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Nicole1 

To stop anyone buying games on your phone and you being charged for them, you need to CALL customer sevices and ask them to place a bar to Direct Bill debit on your device.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Nicole1 

The new number should stop any subscription charges but you need to ensure your kids do not subscribe again.

Some help resource here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next here Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill and herewww.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @Nicole1 

Wow that is a bill! per month.

As Cleoriff says ring Customer Services

and put a Direct to Bill Bar straight away

on your phone. 

Good Luck! and best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

You have some great advice here from @MI5  and @Cleoriff  @Nicole1 but if you have any further questions please let us know. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5