cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im on a contract till 2014 but i cant afford it anymore due to me being on benefits. I cant afford the cancellation fee. This is my first time on a contract but i wanna go back to pay and go. I was just wondering whether there was anyway to cancel my contract now without paying as i cannot afford it.Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would expect it would be difficult if not impossible to cancel you contract without paying off the remaining months of your contract.

I would telephone O2 customer service, explain your circumstances and what your wanting to do i.e go back to pay & go, and see if there is anyway they can help.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would expect it would be difficult if not impossible to cancel you contract without paying off the remaining months of your contract.

I would telephone O2 customer service, explain your circumstances and what your wanting to do i.e go back to pay & go, and see if there is anyway they can help.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If the phone you had on contract is worth anything you could sell it to put towards paying off your contract, then negotiate with CS on a payment plan to pay off the remainder. Unfortunately, "I can't afford it" is not reason enough to get out of contract without paying..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your only option really is to sell the phone to try offset some of costs to pay contract up.
Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Is there anyone reliable who could take over the contract for you?

Missing payments or being unable to pay at all will almost certainly affect your ability to get credit in the future.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5