cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with transfer from contract that's ending to Pay As You Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I'm a little confused with the process of tranferring to PAYG. My contract is ending next month on the 19th (according to the lady from customer services) even though it says the "renewal date" is the 22nd October 2014. Why would she say the 19th?

I rang them about a month ago to confirm the process, and they told me that I needed to give them 30 days notice to transfer. However, after ringing them today (the date the man told me to ring on) the lady told me that this would incur a termination fee. So she has sent me out a PAYG sim, and according to her I should wait until one day before my contract ends to start the transfer process to avoid any termination fee, and then everything will be transferred.

O2 app says my next bill is on the 24th September, so I assume that will be my last payment?

Could someone please confirm that this is what I should be doing? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Transfer it whenever you want really as the money owed in cancellation fees will only be pence.
24th should be your last bill but leave the DD in place for another month, just in case - If they generate another bill and you have cancelled your DD you could end up in trouble with missed payments, however, if they overcharge and take payment you can get it refunded so it's just safer that way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Transfer it whenever you want really as the money owed in cancellation fees will only be pence.
24th should be your last bill but leave the DD in place for another month, just in case - If they generate another bill and you have cancelled your DD you could end up in trouble with missed payments, however, if they overcharge and take payment you can get it refunded so it's just safer that way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just transfer to PAYG as soon as you can. On all contracts you pay your line rental a month in advance so once you transfer to PAYG, you will recieve a credit minus any charges you've incurre

Message 3 of 3