Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Help with settings for Motorola Defy plesae.....

Hello, I kept breaking my mobile phone and am tied into a O2 contract. I therefore invested in a Motorola Defy (from the carphone warehouse) as it is meant to be so sturdy. It's a great phone however, I am unable to use all the features as O2 cannot provide me with the settings for the phone.
Please please please could someone tell me how to enter them and what they are for my phone so I can make use of it Smiley Very Happy
Many thanks
Carrie
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Help with settings for Motorola Defy plesae.....

Not even Motorola seem to have the exact settings https://motorolasetup.tarsin.com/home.htm?locale=en_GB&country=GB
However, for o2...
Access point: mobile.o2.co.uk
Username: mobileweb
Password: password
Session type: Continuous / permanent
Authentication: Normal
Security: Off
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok thank you and any idea where i find where i need to enter them on the phone?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Did you find out where to put these settings and did they work for you ?
Paul
Highlighted
Anonymous

As a follow up;
I called O2 technical support and they emailed all the settings from an HTC Desire for reference, as it's a similar Android phone settings should be the same, just accessed through a different menu structure.
When I put my existing sim into my Defy and powered up I almost immediately got a set of SMS messages that configured the phone and everything seems to work fine. I haven't tested their email settings yet, but that may be down to individuals preference anyway.
So far the only problem has been configuring WiFi at home.It seems the Defy is very fussy about router settings and it took several hours trying different settings and upgrading the router firmware before establishing a reliable configuration.
For anyone that follows- Linksys WAG160N router running latest firmware, Default settings except wireless security set to WPA-personal TKIP encryption only. I hope that saves you some time and worry.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello, no sadly I am unable to work out how to enter these settings.
If anyone has any idea where they need to be entered plesae could you let me know!!!!
Many thanks
I really would like to be able to get into android markets and get the full functionality of this little phone Smiley Happy