Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with release of "pending" transactions

impoverished
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having been thwarted in all but one of the three attempts to pay in full for my handset, I am now left with two "Pending" transactions reserved from my current account.

I cannot cancel them, and the bank tell me they also cannot cancel them saying that only O2 can do this.

I have emailed the CEO's office giving the authorisation codes for these reserved transactions but no one there is helping me.

My worry is that these purchase attempts were not "seen" by O2 during the attempts to buy the phone, due to the browser's pop-up blocker having interfered with the process on two occasions.

I think this means that O2 are blissfully unaware that these two aborted attempts to give them a total of £1011 and so will never recind the codes.

CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME WHO TO SPEAK TO IN THE UK ON THE PHONE?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention @MI5!

@impoverished I'll pick this up with you via private message. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 17

impoverished
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks PhoneChanger, have to say I was initially impressed with their efficiency but that may have been earlier in the day.

What really wound me up was the total lack of response to the phone call, it is unforgivable that a caller is held in a queue ad infinitum without any supervision of the dratted robot DJ.

In my case I elected to hang up after 34 minutes!

Today, I have received an email advising that the cash management team have now released the reserved sums!

Yay! party weekend at mine!

Message 12 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

impoverished
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks jonsie, now i can relax! cool

Message 14 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for confirming this one's all sorted @impoverished! slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 17

xaleander
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone, I have the same problem with £760 x3 being on hold for 48 hours. Confirmed this with my bank and they cannot cancel it. Been trying to get a hold of the Payments Management Team without any luck.
Hoping for a quick resolution.
Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@xaleander 

All contact numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Try the one ending in 4005 first.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17