Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with release of "pending" transactions

impoverished
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having been thwarted in all but one of the three attempts to pay in full for my handset, I am now left with two "Pending" transactions reserved from my current account.

I cannot cancel them, and the bank tell me they also cannot cancel them saying that only O2 can do this.

I have emailed the CEO's office giving the authorisation codes for these reserved transactions but no one there is helping me.

My worry is that these purchase attempts were not "seen" by O2 during the attempts to buy the phone, due to the browser's pop-up blocker having interfered with the process on two occasions.

I think this means that O2 are blissfully unaware that these two aborted attempts to give them a total of £1011 and so will never recind the codes.

CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME WHO TO SPEAK TO IN THE UK ON THE PHONE?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @impoverished 

You need to speak to customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Do not use live chat for this, speak to a customer services advisor. The best time to ring is between 8-8:30am to avoid a long time on hold.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Edited to add if you are calling from abroad, you can contact O2 on +44 800 032 1402 free of charge.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 17

impoverished
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, I'm already way higher up the tree than that!

It would seem that The Chief Executive's Office are now ignoring not only emails, but also phone calls.

I have now been hanging on listening to their inanne Musak now for 20 minutes and 15 seconds!

Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@impoverished 

I'll tag our community management to see if they can help @Marjo @Martin-O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

impoverished
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I'm still hanging on the phone38 minutes now!

Edit:

Finally put the phone down at 45 minutes, called back and got the "Sod off we've all gone home message" I can tell you, I am incandescent to be treated with such ignorance by those who would have us believe they are "professionals"

I have never encountered such abysmal service.

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If as you say, O2's system may not have picked up on these authorisations then they would automatically drop off the banks systems and funds should then be made available to you by the bank after anything up to a week.

Obviously, over a £1000 is a lot of money to most people and they cannot afford to wait for the money to be readily available again This could mean the difference between feeding a family or starving for a week, let alone with bills that need paying.

What should happen is that these codes should be given to the retailer (in this case O2) and they would need to fax the bank to say they wouldn't be claiming these reserved funds. The bank will not take phone instruction. Actually getting someone to take ownership of doing this can be extremely difficult as you have found.

I'm not too sure exactly if admin can do anything to gee anyone up to do it tomorrow and then weekend is upon us. Maybe the escalation you have already in place will get it done but I'm sceptical to be honest

I wish you good luck @impoverished and hope that your username is not indicative of your current plight.

Message 6 of 17

impoverished
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response, I thought that the UK CEO might just have enough pride in his job/official title to have responded, however, it seems only we, the proletariat are decent and respectful enough to make any attempt at helping one another!

Rest assured I will hound them throughout the entirety of their Friday snooze! tongue_closed

Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 17

impoverished
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your good wishes, I don't think it will spoil my weekend.

It's just one of those things that irritate you when the company don't make any effort to correct their error right away! slight_smile

More info
More info
More info
More info
More info

Message 9 of 17

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@impoverished usually the CEO office are quite good at picking up emails, if however you sent it around 4pm yesterday they are unlikely to action anything / come back to you until today as they will have other customers / concerns that they will also be dealing with and your concern will have arrived towards the end of the business day (it is unlikely the CEO office work outside of the 9-5 office hours), however when I have emailed them in the past they have always acknowledged within 24 hours
Message 10 of 17