Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Help with number transfer - SOLVED.

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I submitted a form for my O2 PAYG number to be transferred across to my new O2 contract phone. I got the email telling me that they'd received the request but following that I haven't received the two texts that it said I should get updating me on the status of the transfer. Furthermore, it also said that my phones would go out of signal for a period of up to 4 hours and although my new phone did, on turning it off and on it's back to normal whereas my old phone is constantly without signal. I'm not sure if I'm stuck in a sort of 'limbo' period where my numbers semi-transferring or if it just isn't going through?

The reason I ask this is that the old one is an iphone 3gs and the new one an iphone 4s and this means that whereas it tells me I should get a message about the sim card registration failing, I won't be able to change the simcard as the 4s obviously uses micro sim cards.

So after that waffle - will the number transfer across some point soon or do I need to do something about it?

Any help would be great please, thanks in advance.

Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Help with number transfer.

I would use the live chat facility to check the status.

Go to contact us page and live chat should be an option.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

So the old phone is off, and the new one went off and after re-starting came on again? If so it could have well transferred.

Leave your new phone on and ring your old number and see what happens. If it rings the transfer has gone through.

Anonymous

I did start going through the live chat but it quickly occurred to me that it was fairly automated and although it's done through this site I was a little wary about giving out my security answers and whatnot.

And the signals gone on my old phone, it's not actually off, whereas on the new one the signals still there. It's still telling me that it's my new phone number when I check it and when I text the new number it comes through to the new phone. It just seemed like it was halfway there but for some reason it's now stopped halfway through the process and got stuck.

Anonymous

If I remember correctly the iPhone reads the number programmed into the SIM so that will not change even if you have ported a number across.

Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

but can easily be changed

settings> phone> my number

if that is the issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Ah, that answers the question, I've just tried ringing it externally and it seems that the number has been ported across it's just still registered as being the new one. Realised you can manually change that via the settings though so I think it's all working now, thanks a lot for your help Dave!

Anonymous

Thanks for that adam