cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with boltons and tariff payasyougo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone explain what a o2 travel opt out Bolton is?? And why am I spending so much on credit ive gone through £35 in 2 weeks!!! Help
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Go to Settings >general >Mobile (or cellular) and scroll down to usage.
Reset the counters at the beginning of your top up/anniversary date and then keep an eye on the data counter to see what is using data and how much.
This should all add up to the data that O2 says you are using.
If it does, you can see where it's been used, if not, it shows a problem that you will need to discuss with CS, but you need to check the phone yourself and gather the evidence first.
Take screen shots of both your phone and the usage in your My O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 Travel gives you a data allowance and cheaper calls when travelling to EU countries.
If you opt out you pay a full, non discounted rate and would cost more.
O2 travel costs £1.99 per day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 22

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
T&C's here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-data-roaming-charges-and-o2-travel-terms-an...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Is the OP abroad then?.......or just asking the question generally....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
My thoughts also,@Cleoriff & are they on payg or contract as the Bolton is added to refresh customers for free
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit just seen the top up query part
Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The clue is in the title wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The clue is in the title wink

I knew they were payg but wondered if they were abroad ...as they are questioning how much they have spent in two weeks..Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am pay&go and live in sunny Liverpool England I have the £20 tarrif (2gb) of data 400 mins and 4000 msgs to last a month the mins and txts r perfect but the data dosent last a few days?? I've reset my iPhone to factory settings also and it didn't make a difference? I have also got 4 boltons? Is this right?? The boltons are the works, web daily, the basics and also o2 travel opt out can anyone please sort this for me ive spent £45 in just over 2 weeks
Message 10 of 22