cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - iPhone simplicity 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently on o2 simplicity 20. Recently i'm admitted to the hospital and used 10 GB of data as there is no wifi in the hospital. After discharged from the hospital, i tried to used the net for taxi number and my Internet not working.

I called customer adviser and been told i used 10GB data, that the limit for this tariff even it's unlimited. And they can't lift this restriction until next month bill. I explained the situation to the customer adviser i need the data to get home but they tried to sell expensive plan if i want the data.

they not even care about my situation that i discharged from the hospital and tried get to the home in rainy weather.

Please help me whether to stay with o2 or go some else

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

I'm sure hospital staff would have arranged a taxi for you. You don't need data to make a call so I'm not sure exactly what your complaint is.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your situation. What do you need data for to call, were you trying to use some sort of app?

We need more to clarify but this is more of an accounts issue that you need to resolve with cs

Message 3 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunately the unlimited data tariffs were removed because of usage levels like this, but as the others have said the hospital should have been able to give you a number or even arrange a taxi for you.

I hope you are recovering well .

the choice is yours to move to another provider or stay with o2 .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 17

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
First, hospitals wouldn't discharge you after a long stay without making sure you had a way to get home. And for those visiting A&E there will be payphones and dedicated taxi phones. If not, a nurse would have called for you. Anyhow, that aside, are you saying your plan comes with unlimited data but was capped at 10GB? What plan are you on, and what plan did they try and sell you?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125822 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Firstly, your hospital stay and discharge has nothing to do with O2. Any hospital would arrange transport if required. If you exceeded your data limit, it wouldn't matter where that happened.

Finally, calls don't require data so not sure why you would imagine that was an issue.

I hope you are on the road to recovery....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm currently on O2 simplicity 20 for iphone.

I got taxi app on the iphone, in order to use the app i needed the data.

They tried to sell 12GB data plan for 27 pounds but i'm paying at 21 pounds now

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah i thought so. So basically you ran out of data. You could have purchased a small bolt on

Message 8 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah i thought so. So basically you ran out of data. You could have purchased a small bolt on

Not sure you can buy a bolt-on for legacy unlimited tariffs 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 17

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So assume its fair use issue then
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 17