Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Leaving O2

Naz1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I'm not sure if I've chosen the right board to post this in. Apologies if I have.

I need help with how to correctly go about leaving O2 at the end of my phone contract. Under the 'Tarrifs and allowances' tab on the O2 page, it says my contract renewal date is the 10th August 2020 so I'd imagine this is the date that my phone contract ends.

At the end of my phone contract, I will be buying a new phone outright and will be paying for a SIM only deal with a different provider and I would like to keep my current phone number. I've searched online and found an information page for leaving O2 but I didn't really understand it. It says if I decide to leave, I can cancel my contract at any time by giving O2 30 days' notice. With this in mind, if I'm happy to leave O2 at the end of my contract which is the 10th August, when would I contact them? Do I contact them on the 12th July to let them know that I want to leave? I wasn't sure if I had to give 30 days notice before the end of my contract, or whether a 30 day notice period begins after my contract ends before rolling it would roll me onto a new contract with O2 which I'm not looking to do. Also, would I request a PAC code when I tell them I want to leave? Or would I request this at a later point once the end of my contract has been processed.

Any help would be greatly apppreciated, thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Naz1 

Follow this guide

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There is no need to give 30 days notice, you can leave anytime.

Once the device is paid for just get a PAC and give it to your new provider which automatically closes your O2 account

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 3 of 3