cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have i been overcharged for my device plan?

Runeitude
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, on monday I phoned O2 to pay off my device plan, on MyO2 it was showing as £75 still to pay. I paid the full amount of £75, then the next day my usual direct debit came out, including the monthly £15 for the device plan.

I had thought that this was just a problem with me paying the full amount so close to the usual direct debit date, so i phoned up again to sort it out, but i was told that they can't refund me because the £15 was deducted from the amount i paid already - is this accurate?

I would expect that if i really had £90 to pay instead of £75, it would show me that in the device plan section of MyO2.

So does anyone know if this is how it works, or have i been waved off by someone not willing to go through the effort of refunding?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's because the device plan amount changed on bill generation so yes, as the bill was generated you did owe the 15+75

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It does seem as if you are owed a refund.  If it was £90 left to pay this should have shown in My O2. You need to call again http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's because the device plan amount changed on bill generation so yes, as the bill was generated you did owe the 15+75
Message 3 of 4

Runeitude
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, that adds up then, the charge is being taken for the bill generated earlier in the month.

Well, thanks for clearing it up for me!

Message 4 of 4