cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have been charged and order was not placed!

Gustavo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I created an O2 account on behalf of my mother to proceed with checkout of a order which was Iphone 12 pro max plus airdrop sim card plus full phone insurance. Ok when I went through to the payment, they told me that a deposit was required. Anyway, they explained after 3 successfully monthly payments she would get the remaining balance to her airtime account or ask for a refund on card. Right, we proceeded with the payment and the page refresh and went to the basket with the order there. I asked her to check her bank account and she was charged £70 plus £520, total of £590. She did not receive any email, text, nothing. The first call to support the lady turned the phone off on my face. Then on second call I talked with another lady, I explained her what happened and she told me the system was not working properly. And I was like "ohh really???" Whatever, the system is charging for the order, but it is not processing the order. She told me since yesterday (03/12/2020) they reported it and they will fix it between 24 and 48 hours. She also told my mother will get an email saying if the order was successful or not. And I should check again for a refund. You Know, they could just update the website with a warner or something. Did anyone already have this experience?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Gustavo 

The website could be experiencing problems.

You'll need to call O2 again.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2