cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harassment

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been getting loads of prank calls from private numbers late at night while trying to sleep a lot of idiots who I used to be friends with have my number and I know they are giving out my number so I need to know how soon I can change my number please and just keep the same WhatsApp
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just call customer service Clarissa and they will change your number for you,, especially if you are getting these type of calls. Phone in the morning and don't get upset about it. 

They change the number on your existing sim card and it won't affect WhatsApp at all. After the change you can go into the settings of WhatsApp and change the number if you want to but there is no need to. 

You are allowed one number change free of charge so be careful who you give your number to. Make sure you trust them because friends like to share secrets to big themselves up. 

If you use any other form of social media such as Twitter or Facebook then don't change your phone number there and check your privacy settings. 

Most phones these days have the option to automatically block unknown numbers so check your phone settings to stop them until you change number. 

Lastly and most of all, do not get upset or stressed. Like the small minded children they are, they will stop harassing you when they eventually get bored and move on to their next victim. If you answer and they can hear they are upsetting you the more they will do it. Just don't answer and they will soon stop. 

Hope you are ok. 😀

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just call customer service Clarissa and they will change your number for you,, especially if you are getting these type of calls. Phone in the morning and don't get upset about it. 

They change the number on your existing sim card and it won't affect WhatsApp at all. After the change you can go into the settings of WhatsApp and change the number if you want to but there is no need to. 

You are allowed one number change free of charge so be careful who you give your number to. Make sure you trust them because friends like to share secrets to big themselves up. 

If you use any other form of social media such as Twitter or Facebook then don't change your phone number there and check your privacy settings. 

Most phones these days have the option to automatically block unknown numbers so check your phone settings to stop them until you change number. 

Lastly and most of all, do not get upset or stressed. Like the small minded children they are, they will stop harassing you when they eventually get bored and move on to their next victim. If you answer and they can hear they are upsetting you the more they will do it. Just don't answer and they will soon stop. 

Hope you are ok. 😀

Message 2 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous sorry to hear about your problem. If you call 202 they will do this for you. You are allowed one free number change.

Hope this sorts out your problem.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just mentioning @Anonymous so you will get an email you to notify you of all responses here. 

Message 4 of 11

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks @jonsie for your fuller response I totally forgot to mention she could block the numbers harrassing her and never thought about what appears on social media. All very good points

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Follow the advice given to you by @jonsie. Also, if it isn't vital that you keep your phone on when you're asleep, just turn it off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This sort of the makes me so angry. I have a very dear friend whose daughter had exactly the same type of harassment by phone and also on her Facebook page.

My friend isn't very good with technology as she doesn't do social media at all. I had to show her daughter how to block everything the last time I was in the UK. It causes so much unhappiness not only to the victim but also to their parents. 

Message 7 of 11

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

This sort of the makes me so angry. I have a very dear friend whose daughter had exactly the same type of harassment by phone and also on her Facebook page.

My friend isn't very good with technology as she doesn't do social media at all. I had to show her daughter how to block everything the last time I was in the UK. It causes so much unhappiness not only to the victim but also to their parents. 

Yes, @jonsie, and has often led to suicide as the poor young person becomes unable to cope and feels they've nowhere to turn. This is the ugly side of today's technology and social media. I have never understood, even when young, the pleasure of torturing another human being; particularly having experienced this when in my teens. Of course, things were different when I was young - no mobiles nor social media. I couldn't block the numbers as I had no idea who was calling me. And it got to a point where I wouldn't answer the phone. My dad would answer when he was home from work and they'd hang up. Therefore, I can imagine what @Anonymous is going through and totally sympathise.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much Hun slight_smile
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
WhatsApp will have to use the new phone number too not your original number
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11