Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half price Samsung Gear VR on O2 Refresh

xxscrappyxx
Level 4: Observant
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hola! Thought I'd create a new thread in case someone else had the same query.

So I posted previously about wanting to upgrade my S5 to the new S7.

Being a bit of a gadget freak I was interested in the half price Samsung Gear VR.

I want a refresh contract, and I believe this is only available via O2 direct. Is that right?

O2 direct have not had the VR in stock for coming up to a week now. It states "not available for home delivery"

I intend to have the phone delivered to me at work as there won't be anyone home to sign for the item. When I go to order the phone for store delivery (which it says somewhere that you will be given store stock) I am still unable to add the VR.

Do I have to wait until the item comes into stock at O2 direct? Does the VR not come from sore stock too, and if it does, why can I not add it to my basket?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you can find a store with stock you should buy from there otherwise there is no guarantee you will get one as o2 direct are now out of stock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @xxscrappyxx I have edited this

Firstly the VR gear at half price from O2 is only available if you buy the S7 on a refresh contract..... but they do appear to be out of stock for some reason. Not sure whether this is because this offer is on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you can find a store with stock you should buy from there otherwise there is no guarantee you will get one as o2 direct are now out of stock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

xxscrappyxx
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Anonymous But a refresh contract is only available from O2 direct isn't it? As in phone and online.

Is the refresh tariff available from a bricks and mortar O2 Shop?
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@xxscrappyxx The Refresh contract is only available from O2......nowhere else... and yes you can do it in an O2 store

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yeah you can get refresh from an o2 shop just fine.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I prefer to do refresh in store..so I can walk out with my shiny new phone lol. I was in the O2 shop the other day just checking out the new Samsungs and the assistant was raving about the VR headset. Sounds brilliant! I asked if she had one..'God no' was the reply..sounds ominous Smiley Very Happy x

giphy-3
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

I prefer to do refresh in store..so I can walk out with my shiny new phone lol. I was in the O2 shop the other day just checking out the new Samsungs and the assistant was raving about the VR headset. Sounds brilliant! I asked if she had one..'God no' was the reply..sounds ominous Smiley Very Happy x

I was being cynical yesterday when I said the VR Headsets will probably magically re-appear in stock when the 'half price' promotion ends..... (middle of April I think....)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

xxscrappyxx
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for all your replies guys! I shall call around a few shops and go in there to upgrade. slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cairdeas wrote:

I was being cynical yesterday when I said the VR Headsets will probably magically re-appear in stock when the 'half price' promotion ends..... (middle of April I think....)

@I think that will be the case @Cleoriff :smileywink:x

giphy-3
Message 10 of 10