Did you mean: 

Halesowen - "Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working"

DooferUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Both my wife and I are on 02 and haven't had any problems before.  However, there seems to be an issue with a mast not working.  We have the TU app, but thats not much use when you leave your home.

Appreciate that things go faulty, that's life, but this has been going on for a week now...any ideas when it will be fixed?

Our postcode is B62 9HJ

Thanks for any updates slight_smile

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @DooferUK as this is a customer to customer forum we would have no idea when O2 fixes the mast in your area. They don't give timescales You will just have to keep checking via http://status.o2.co.uk/

Edited to add that you could download the My Network app and you will be able to report yes or no if it doesn't match your experience

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @DooferUK as this is a customer to customer forum we would have no idea when O2 fixes the mast in your area. They don't give timescales You will just have to keep checking via http://status.o2.co.uk/

Edited to add that you could download the My Network app and you will be able to report yes or no if it doesn't match your experience

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Unfortunately no one can advise you when the repairs will be completed, not even customer service. Just keep your eye on the status page and reboot the phone every hour.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 147170 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Keep checking the status page for updates mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 13

DooferUK
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, didn't realise that it was only users that post here. 

I used to be with Vodafone, and have my landline and broadband with Virgin, and their techs monitor their user forums and chip in with help and advice.  I'd assumed 02 also took an interest lol!

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll contact them direct if it persists...its worrying that not even customer services would know what is going on.  Who's old strap line was "its good to talk"? grin

Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @DooferUK no problem whatsoever. We do have a Head of Community and managers who work for O2 and they have input into very difficult issues...usually when we tag them. This is quite a common problem so their answer would be the same as ours on this occasion. Welcome to the forum by the way..Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 147170 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
They work on behalf of o2, not directly employed by o2 to be precise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They work on behalf of o2, not directly employed by o2 to be precise.

Ok then.......Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 147170 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Neat and tidy wink
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 10 of 13