cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a phone for some one

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I had a phone for my daughter 2+ year ago and when it came up for upgrade her partner said he wanted would take on the payment of the contract if I upgraded to a iphone 5. so I did.two  weeks after upgrade on the 15th day of new contract they split up. He said he would continue to pay but I had trouble getting the money last month and it was due on the 17th of this month and he is saying he has lost his job and is trying to find the money. The contract is only 3 months old. I have said if he does not pay tomorrow I will have the phone back, but I have a company phone so do not need it and can not afford it. What can I do? Any advice? Apart from don't be so stupid next time. 

Thanks

shane

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might help you if you break the problem down...

Forget the daughter's ex-boyfriend and what you have is a contract with O2.  You can ask them if they are willing to make any alterations to that contract - but you have to accept that they are under no obligation to do anything.

Forget the conract and what you have is a favour that was really done for your daughter - you wouldn't have got involved with any of this if you just met that man in the street - so how about asking your daughther to take over that contract or at least contribute towards the payments?

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Only suggestion is take back the phone and sell it on ebay. Then use the money to pay off the contract. And don't be so stupid next time wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is still 21 months to pay at about £50 so selling phone will pay some of it. He said he would have the contract changed over into his name but I don't think that is possible. Thanks for your reply
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

He would have to have very good credit to be able to take over a hefty bill like that. Doesn't sound too promising.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

sell the phone to help with the costs then that may lower the fee that you can cancel by 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might help you if you break the problem down...

Forget the daughter's ex-boyfriend and what you have is a contract with O2.  You can ask them if they are willing to make any alterations to that contract - but you have to accept that they are under no obligation to do anything.

Forget the conract and what you have is a favour that was really done for your daughter - you wouldn't have got involved with any of this if you just met that man in the street - so how about asking your daughther to take over that contract or at least contribute towards the payments?

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iv had the phone back. O2 says there is nothing they can do to help. But in 11 months time when my other daughters phone is up for renewal I shall transfer her number to it and cancel her contract. Thanks for all your help.
Message 7 of 7