Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO SCREEN ISSUE

Dg88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So after doing some research after I got my new mate 20 PRO I have came across a screen issue that allows the screen to leak light at the edges that turns the edges a shade of green. It's quite well noted online but Huawei have said nothing about it publicly. I found out how to check this and noticed my phone also has this fault. It seems more prominent in screens that were manufactured by LG. Has anyone any idea what o2s stance is on this and any return that could be accommodated?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Dg88
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Similar outcome but just maybe a bit trickier to sort. Went to Huawei directly also so should hear about it soon. I seen something on twitter that someone who works for huawei was told to wait about a week to get the new batch that supposedly doesn't have this issue. Will see how it all goes.
Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:
 mobilephonesdirect Terms & Conditions:

14.12.7. In case of replacement identical new products will replace the original products.

Hopefully not so identical as to have the same manufacturing flaw... Bang

Message 12 of 15

Harnas
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I'm in the same boat with huawei mate 20 pro, my screen went green, preordered mine online, spoke with CS already, this issue is well known with them and they cannot offer me exchange due to no stock, offered me to send device in a jiffy bag and cancel my contract that started on 26th October and sign new contract after, got my jiffy bag delivered yesterday, will send it tomorrow, hopefully won't have to wait to long before it gets sorted.
Message 13 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Harnas If at all possible, make sure you have photographic evidence of what the phone looks like before you send it back, and also ensure you get a receipt for proof of posting.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 15

NeilC
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, I've reported my screen issues to Huawei about a week ago. My issue has been forwarded to the correct department, just waiting to be contacted. Hopefully won't be long.
Message 15 of 15