Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO SCREEN ISSUE

Dg88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So after doing some research after I got my new mate 20 PRO I have came across a screen issue that allows the screen to leak light at the edges that turns the edges a shade of green. It's quite well noted online but Huawei have said nothing about it publicly. I found out how to check this and noticed my phone also has this fault. It seems more prominent in screens that were manufactured by LG. Has anyone any idea what o2s stance is on this and any return that could be accommodated?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

We;d have no idea @Dg88 

You'd have to talk to customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

or Huawei directly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Dg88
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK, I've tried but no answer on the phone and no one on chat to speak to. Huawei's silence on the matter is a joke to be honest. It's not too bad currently but I've heard it gets far worse. I just don't want to spend the amount I am on a defective phone.
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Deal with the manufacturer every time for any warranty issues which this is if it's noticeable now. You have two years warranty so i don't see a problem long term. 

Message 4 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35235 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I had similar problems with the HTC One mini years back - the plastic edging on the phone cracked around the volume and other buttons.  As I noticed the formation of hairline cracks in the first 10 days of having the phone, I returned it to the shop where I bought it, they exchanged the phone for a new one.  Some reading revealed it to be a known, but unacknowledged, flaw in certain batches of this phone.  Alas, I had to do this three times in total within the first 4 weeks, before getting one that looked fairly solid. The shop was sick of the sight of me.

Th 4th one did eventually start to crack, in about 7 or 8 months, I think - I then engaged with the manufacturer, they took the phone back and repaired the faulty edging, and the repair lasted for the remainder of the phone's lifetime, as far as I can remember, with a small crack on one of the corners and what looked like a seam that separated mid-way down one side.

Anyway - if within the first 4 weeks, if bought from a shop, return to the shop, so long as you can demonstrate the problem and get the shop to acknowledge it's a fault. Not sure what the on-line purchase rules stipulate.  After that, it's return to manufacturer - and dig out an old phone to use whilst they inspect the unit and effect a repair, if possible.

Good luck, @Dg88.

Message 5 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Dg88 How long have you had the phone?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 15

Dg88
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@pgn thanks, I've went to o2 and Huawei so hopefully hear back soon

@Bambino only got it on Thursday.
Message 7 of 15

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Dg88 As you are within the 14 day cooling off period you have the right to reject the phone as faulty and request a replacement.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 15

Dg88
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just got to wait for a response now. My only issue is that it was through mobilephonesdirect.com and not o2 directly. I've contacted everyone so have to wait now
Message 9 of 15

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Dg88 Had you said that at the outset, my response would have been different. I believe you will have to deal with mobilephonesdirect, not O2. This is from their Terms & Conditions:

14.12.5. Where a product you have purchased is defective, you can, for a period of 14 days from your receipt of the defective product(s), return them for exchange or refund. Defective products that are returned will be tested for the reported fault to confirm the return reason. In these cases our call centre will give you return instructions and arrange for the replacement or refund of your product(s) as applicable. 14.12.6. To ensure a fast and secure return we encourage you to use a recorded delivery service. 14.12.7. In case of replacement identical new products will replace the original products.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 15