Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

HTTP request was interrupted by the host

I get this every other sodding web page I try to browse, meaning I have to reload. Been doing it for about three weeks now, really annoying. Any idea what it actually means?
Anonymous

Re: HTTP request was interrupted by the host

I'm also getting this almost constantly, and also photos aren't being shown on my internet starting around the same time wondering if they are related? My phone is the Lg Viewty Smart
Anonymous

It's the Samsung i7500 Galaxy. I too get pages that lack the pictures so prob linked. Also some pages completely give up on the formatting (both full web and mobile sites).
Anonymous

im having this problem loads on my htc desire its only started recently .
it doesnt happen at all when im using my home wifi connection only when im on o2 network
tho i also doesnt happen when im browsing on skyfire only on the preinstalled 02/desire browser
Anonymous

I'm using the Nokia N8 and I get the same, a blank white screen with just the words "Sorry, HTTP request was interrupted by the host!"
Its quite annoying, sometimes taking quite a few refreshes to actually get to the page you wanted. And thats if it works at all.
I'm on Pay and go with o2, when the active settings arrived they were useless, I had to go to a gprs setting website to put them in manually.
O2 were very unhelpful when I called about the problem, you'd think they would have a technical team that were...technical? :womanindifferent:
plus I'm sure the 3G is quite slow on O2, with Vodafone I used to be able to stream live video from the bbc mobile page, on o2 it just doesn't work. Smiley Sad
Anonymous

Same. Also for the last 2-3 weeks. Web pages fail constantly and usually when they contain images. It certainly seems that 02 have been fiddling with their creaking network and this anonymous failed message isn't helping anyone - by design I suspect, they don't want to point the finger at their own failure to deliver the services we are paying for.
If they don't address this pdq I'm off to another network (and I have tested the same site on my 02 desire and a friend's vodafone desire - the o2 one failed constantly wheras his was fine).
Anonymous

Turns out to be a lot more sinister than I thought - check out the answer here from elsewhere on the forum - then contact o2 and INSIST they opt you out of this exercise.
"Im currently experiencing the same problem. I have HTC desire on contract but I have found the reason for this error
The "host" is not the site you are visiting but rather the new traffic / marketing server that o2 are using. Basically, everything you do on the mobile web is now being monitored and information is being collected by a company called Bango.
The guise is that it's just a content verification server but if you look up the company you'll see they collect your information for marketing purposes.
I was thoroughly **** off about it and called o2. They confirmed this and I've asked them to stop all my data being collected. The process takes 28 days. I'm sure there must be some law against this... look it up "
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25451&hilit=HTTP+request+was+interrupted&start=15
Anonymous

Has anybody successfully managed to get themselves removed from this?
Each time I ring CS, I get a different answer:
"O2 don't monitor your mobile web usage"
Never heard of 'bango'
Defective SIM card
Your phone is broken

I like the last one, considering I get the same problem on my HTC Desire, HTC Hero and Sony P1i (and have advised them of this).
Maybe I asking the wrong questions, can anyone give some pointers of what to say?
Simon.
Anonymous

Have a look in the various threads on age verification. Its clear that not everyone in O2 realises what is going on. An O2 representative responded but has not been back to answer further questions.
Anonymous

Hi, just joined this forum after searching on this error message. I used to get this error fairly often on my Nokia n82 and sometimes on my HTC desire, but always put it down to being on a train or suchlike. Interestingly, I used to get it most when using Facebook.
I recently got a Nokia n8 and have started getting this error A LOT, hence making this search. I've had a look around the web and similar threads on this site and wondered if anyone could answer the following:
1. Was Chris@02s assertion that these errors are due to something o2s end and nothing to do with bango incorrect? What evidence is there either way?
2. Some comments have stated this issue can be resolved by opting out of your traffic going through bango's servers. Has anyone done this?
3. I am greatly concerned by the fact I get these issues most using Facebook. If they are monitoring the content then that is not just an.invasion of my privacy but an invasion of the privacy of everyone I'm friends with on Facebook!