cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One V useless!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the above phone on a pay monthly contract, the contract runs until October this year.

However the handset is unlikely to last till then, either it will pack up on it's own accord or it will get launched into the sea.

Consistently freezes, re boots itself, fails to send text messages, fails to access text messages so I can read them, is extremely lethargic in doing anything remotely like ringing anyone, it is tedious and irritating.

I am not going to pay to 'upgrade', all I want is a phone that works.

No amount of talking to the local store seems to get the point across that I don't want an upgrade, they just seem intent on making money by attempting to get me to 'upgrade' to a new handset.

I have reset the phone myself, three times now, and it is still as much use as indicators on a submarine....

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the phone on the latest os available ?

You could sell that phone and use the funds raised to go towards another phone.

Places such as Cex are ok or O2 recycle.
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You could always buy an inexpensive sim free phone and use that if you're unhappy with the HTC.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yep, it's not the best phone there is... The cheap Android phones give Android a bad name unfortunately.......
What budget have you got for a better phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Delete browser caches , unused apps , e mails and texts.

Move as much as you can to any sd card.

The phone has ;

Internal 4 GB (1 GB user available), 512 MB RAM

This space can quickly be taken up and the RAM pushed to its limits.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
May thanks for the responses....stuck with it for the time being, still arguing with the local staff at O2 to get it replaced...slowly slowly catchy monkey!
Message 6 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if faulty send to htc for repair.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If a factory reboot won't work then it should be covered by warranty. Apart from iPhone most offer two years and HTC definitely do. Ring HTC UK support.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
May thanks for the responses....stuck with it for the time being, still arguing with the local staff at O2 to get it replaced...slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Can I just ask if your phone has ever been sent off for repair, either by O2 or HTC? If not, can I ask why?  For example, the store have never offered, you've never asked etc etc.  It would help in understanding the situation.

Reading between the lines (I may be completely wrong here, feel free to correct me if I am) is that the phone is in the second year of its warranty/ownership by you, and I get the impression that you're expecting a replacement rather than a repair. 

If that is the case, then I'm afraid that you'll need to accept your phone going off for a repair, rather than just being replaced on the spot.  You aren't just entitled to a replacment phone, at that stage of ownership, without it having been sent for repair and assessed.  It is of course your choice whether O2 repair it or HTC, but thats what would need to happen to resolve your issues.

Like I say, I may be wrong in my understanding of your situation.  If your phone has been away for repair, or it hasn't and you were unaware it could be, then the solution may be different.

If your phone has been away for repair, how often?

if your phone hasn't been away for repair, and you were unaware it could be, then why not ask the O2 store or HTC to send it off for you?

Message 9 of 9